Frisco Fire Safety Town uses volunteers to staff our facility for both daily programming and special events. We invite citizens who enjoy working with children to be part of the fun and learning at our award-winning facility. We offer both adult and teen (15 and older) opportunities.
Please note, we do NOT offer court appointed community service opportunities.
Information about how to register to become a volunteer is located below
All Teen Volunteers must be at least 15 years old. High school and college aged students welcomed! (17 and older will complete a background check annually.)
Sign up to be a Safety Town Teen Volunteer and we will add you to our master email list for future notifications about opportunities.
Read More About Our Summer 2023 Teen Opportunities (PDF) and How to Sign Up to Be Summer Teen Helping Hand at Safety Town.
Regular Teen Opportunities (15 years +)
Teens can take advantage of a variety of opportunities at Safety Town.
- Special Projects - these duties are as needed and could be short notice.
- Community Outreach Booth Helpers- assist adult volunteers at a variety of community events, FISD PTA fairs, etc. Booth helpers typically apply temporary tattoos as their main duty.
- Summer Teen Helping Hands - Regular summer teen volunteers assist our staff with jeep or bike ride time as part of our public programs. This opportunity is limited to a max number of teens who sign up in advance to be on the Summer Teen list. The sign up period will start March 24 and close either when full or by April 24.
- Teen Special Event Volunteer - Assist staff and adult volunteers with a variety of tasks to help things run smoothly at our nighttime events: Safety Saturday Events: (2nd Sat., March, June & September.)
Specialized Summer Lead Teen Volunteer (16 yrs +)
For those 16 and older who want to serve as a lead teen, being responsible for overseeing all duties are completed and giving directions to other summer teen volunteers. This opportunity is limited to a max number of teens who sign up in advance to be on the Lead Teen list. The sign up period will start March 24 and close either when full or by April 24th. The application period has closed for Lead Teen Volunteers.
Required Training for Lead Teens and Regular Teens will be conducted one day during the week of May 22. Date to be announced.
General Information For Teen Volunteers
- Volunteer opportunities allow for online scheduling.
- Typical volunteer shifts range from 2 to 5 hours.
- All teen volunteers need to have the MyImpact app on his/her phone, and be able to login to it.
- No cell phone use during volunteer duties.
- No show volunteers may be removed from the volunteer list.
Adult Helping Hands
School Year 2023-2024
In late summer 2023 we will be recruiting for both Greeters and Class Assistants for the upcoming school year to join our team of Helping Hand Volunteers. We seek adults available one day per week (Mon-Fri) for a shift from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This opportunity is great for stay-at-home parents and active retirees. Volunteers are needed when school is in session. When FISD is out of school, our volunteers are off.
Read more about our weekday Helping Hand opportunities below.
Sign up to be a Helping Hand! Volunteer Training will be provided.
Weekday Front Desk Greeter
Our Greeter Volunteers serve as the face of Safety Town, greeting and checking in parents and other visitors; he or she also answers phone calls as well as handling a variety of clerical tasks to assist in the day-to-day operation of Safety Town.
Weekday Class Assistant
Our Class Assistant Volunteers usher parents to their child's class, greets the children as they get off the bus, assists when moving the group around the facility, assists with class data collection and, most important, assists with jeep and bike ride time in the town. Our students range from Kindergarten to fifth grade. Duties may require this volunteer to lift at least 25 lbs. when moving a jeep or bike. Outdoor duties include putting bike helmets on children, assisting with bike selection and sizing, moving jeeps, buckling seatbelts, and serving as a 'traffic director' during ride time. Class assistants work during both morning and early afternoon class times with a lunch break in between.
Registering to be a Volunteer
Complete a Volunteer Application
For quick start instructions about volunteer registration please visit the City's Volunteer Registration Page.
For more instructions on new volunteer registration, adding FFD/FF Safety Town to your existing account, signing up for activities or logging your hours use our detailed instruction sheet (PDF).
Please note, all volunteers 17 and older are required to complete an annual background check. (We do NOT offer court appointed community service opportunities.)