Frisco Fire Safety Town offers safety education programs to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts in kindergarten through 5th grade. Our scout programs occur during the school year mid-September through May, and are offered on Tuesdays at 3:45 p.m. Each program lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour and is taught by a Frisco firefighter. A short classroom presentation is followed by a hands-on activity. The program ends with a 10-minute bike ride in the village. Class size: Minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 scouts.
(March 11, 2020) We have temporarily suspended Scout Program registration. We will share updates, when available.
- Registration for the 2019-2020 school year scout programs will start September 1st for fall dates only and and December 31st for spring dates. All registrations are done online and must be done at least one week prior to date of program.
Current Program Topics
- Fire Safety: Scouts will engage in fire escape training in our smoke bedroom as part of their safety lesson.
- Severe Weather Safety: They learn how to 'duck and cover' in our safety house, as part of our severe weather program.
- Bike Safety: Includes an opportunity to practice hand signals and obey traffic lights while riding bikes in our village.
- Basic First Aid: Children will learn basic methods of applying first aid from insect bites to burn care; Basic items to include in a first aid kit are also discussed. Children will acquire skills to use in most minor emergencies.
- Emergency Preparedness: This class will teach students how to prepare for, respond to, recover from, prevent, and mitigate losses in emergency situations.
Safety Town Patches
We have Frisco Fire Safety Town patches available for sale in our General Store for $2. If you would like to purchase a patch for your scout, plan to do so before the program begins.
For Your Safety
Should your group gather in front of our building before and/or after your visit, please do NOT allow children to stand or walk on the wall or bench. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.