Kindergartners visiting Frisco Fire Safety Town will study introduction to 911 and emergency services during their safety program. The class will last approximately one and a half hours (45 minutes classroom and 45 minutes outdoor activities) that includes:
- A short classroom presentation
- Demonstration of how to use various types of telephones
- Outdoor time riding jeeps
- Practicing pedestrian skills
During the class, students will learn:
- When a situation is considered an emergency
- How to dial 911
- Who will come to help them when they call 911
- What firefighters, paramedics, and police officers do to help others
The kindergarten classroom has a maximum capacity of 45 children. Programs are taught twice each day at 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and again at 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m..
Frisco I.S.D. schools will have scheduling priority through mid-November. Open registration for other districts starts mid-November.
To assist classroom educators, we have created a Kindergarten Pre-visit Teacher Resource Guide
that includes an overview of the Introduction to 911 and Emergency Services program.